All new physiotherapy patients are booked in for an initial 1-hour consultation. During this time it is our intention to get as much information regarding your injury or condition as possible. In your first appointment, occasionally the entire hour will be taken with the assessment, however we always endeavour to give you something to work on after each session. Compliance is key to successful treatment.
Online Consultation? If yes, read on:
A few key points to be aware of before your online consultation:
- We will be using Skype for your consultation, so please make sure you have a registered account before your consultation starts and using your email we will schedule a call, for which you will receive a reminder. This service is free.
- You will be invited by your therapist to 'meet now'. Click on the link and 'start call'.
- Your session will be recorded for legality purposes and to allow us to keep full and accurate notes. I'm obliged to let you know that this recording will be stored securely on an external hard drive which only your therapist has access to; this will be kept at a secure location. If do not consent to this, please let your therapist know prior to consultation.
- Any information obtained in this consultation will only be passed on with your prior consent.
- You will be required to provide an emergency next of kin, should anything adverse occur during your session.
- It would be helpful to your therapist if you could briefly indicate the problem you are having in the notes section of your booking. This will allow us to best prepare for your consultation.
- You may be required to expose the area of concern and areas above and below also. Please wear appropriate clothing and be prepared to undress if necessary. Please ensure privacy if necessary.
- You may want to consider the space you have available around your laptop/desktop, as we will be going through various tests and possible exercise demonstrations.
Click here to book now
Please follow the menu to the left for more information on the services we offer.